Friday 30 July 2010

TO ADD TO THAT...

I wasted my opportunity to take a ton of photos on the subject of football in Rio De Janeiro. Everywhere I went on a bus or in a taxi, I spotted perfect examples of small street football courts and promised myself I would venture back to find. This pathetic excuse of inauthentic imagery you're about see will tell you that I never got around to doing that.
But, in continuation of the last post, hopefully these photos go some way to explaining what I tried to in my eventual conclusion.
When courts and tiny homemade goals like those below are being played on across the globe.....


....is it any wonder these kids grow up to dominate when what they have to aim at, eventually becomes this...


I witnessed small homemade wooden goal frames (like the ones seen in picture 2) all over South America. Perhaps it's time we think about bringing them to the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AYO!