Wednesday 4 August 2010

Feelin' iFFY...


I stumbled across an iFFy (formerly known as feRRis Lo) song accidentally late last year and have been bumping it ever since. It only occurred to me a few months back that I should probably try and look in to his music to see wasup. He seemed to fit the kind of 'alternative music' trend my ears have been taken to of late. Here's the track that had me hooked. You may recognise the dope beat from the N.E.R.D song 'Thrasher' of 'Fly or Die.' Pharrell and the team ripped that joint but iFFy more than does it justice. Hint, bump it loud for full effect.
iFFy - 'Feelin' iFFy'

N.E.R.D - 'Thrasher'


iFFy has been making waves for some time now through his work with Vans and the singles he drops every now and then. Putting out freestyles here and there has made sure his fans stay hooked right at the point of deserting him. My bad on the throwing of links at you, but I just downloaded this joint right here that proves his versatility and overall illness reaches far beyond just rhyming and hot beats. He can sing too, and make songs with substance that everyone can relate to...
iFFy - 'It's Not Meant To Be'


So while I was away travelling I got wind of the album 'Songs of Love and Madness' that iF finally got around to releasing. Listening to it now, it has got some nice cuts, though you'd be wrong to expect the entire album to sound like that 'Feelin' iFFy' track. On first listen, it sounds like good background music for chillin' and working. There's definitely some nice beats on there such as the '1+1=2' piano loop. I think I'm right in saying he produced everything himself on this album. That seems to be the way a lot of up and coming artists are going nowdays, no surprise really, shit is cheap! However, his producing skills are equal to his rhyme skills and no one would know the skills of a 'big name' producer haven't been acquired. iF makes use of some nice samples, peep the 'Fifth Dimension' Sunshine and Reakwon beat in particular.

I'll revisit this after i've had a thorough listen but overall right now, I'm diggin' this. Most def worth a download, especially when it was released for free in the name of good music and your listening pleasure.

DOWNLOAD






Peace, peep the post to follow this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AYO!